Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Sticky Hot Wings


I saw this recipe used for chicken strips and thought I'd make a twist on it using hot wings instead. I used a bag of frozen hot wings and doctored them up. Man were these good! They are spicy so the little kids didn't eat them, and you know if you stop eating spicy, it just hurts more...so I kept eating, lol. That plate below is mine, gone. LOL, we had these with pizza and I ate them first since they're so sticky I wanted that all done with before I ate pizza. I had eaten more hot wings than Mr. did. If you're not grilling this Memorial Day weekend, or want something else go to with the grilled foods, serve these wings up, I promise everyone will like them.
Sweet and Spicy Sticky Hot Wings

3/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 lb frozen hot wings

In a medium saucepan heat the hot sauce, brown sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and sauce is heated thoroughly. About 5-10 minutes.
Bake hot wings according to package, in the last 5 minutes of cook time, toss wings with sticky sauce, and place under a broiler for a few minutes until you can see the sauce become thick and sticky. (I cooked mine about 40 minutes total time)



sharing these wings with
Hunk of Meat Mondays

~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

5 Comments:

Shelby said...

I know i would love these!!

Katie said...

WOW - those look DELICIOUS! I am definitely going to have to try this recipe!

New follower from MbC - you can find me at http://www.katietalkscarolina.com

Leah Beyer said...

How good do those look! Love th picture of the eaten wings. Can't wait to try your sauce recipe. Thanks for linking up to Hunk of Meat Monday .

annies home said...

these sound amazing sure to please my teens as well come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

♥ LLL with Leslie ♥ said...

These look so delicious...you literally have my mouth watering!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...