Sunday, May 29, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade


We always order a flavored lemonade with our dinners when we go out to eat. So when Mary of Deep South Dish (she uses fresh strawberries) mentioned this homemade version on Facebook, I had to make it.

I used a bag of frozen strawberries, pulsed them in my food processor (yes frozen), then made the lemonade with sugar and mixed in the strawberry slush. Then I strained it to get the seeds and bigger pieces out. I also used frozen strawberries to act like ice cubes as we drank it. This was really good, we all loved it.

Strawberry Lemonade

1 (12 ounce) can of frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 lb bag frozen strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
Water to fill 2 quart pitcher

Make lemonade with sugar and water in a large pitcher.
Pulse frozen strawberries in food processor until well broken down. Add to lemonade mix.
Strain all through a fine sieve to get seeds and larger pieces out. Serve.




~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...