Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Frosted Banana Bars


If you're always making banana bread with those leftover brown bananas, give this recipe a try for a nice change. I make these in a 9x13 pan so they're more like a piece of cake, not a skinnier "bar".  I like these straight from the fridge, nice and chilled.

Frosted Banana Bars
slightly adapted from Dine and Dish

1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (about 2-3 large)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt

Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, bananas, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Pour into a greased 15×10x1 pan (I use a 9x13 pan). Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Let cool.

For frosting, cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Beat well. Spread over bars. (I store mine in the fridge)


enjoy,
Pin It!

2 Comments:

Leslie said...

I always have a bunch of rotten bananas in the freezer! YUM

Pretty. Good. Food. said...

Ooooh sounds so good! I love anything with banana, so this is right up my alley :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...