Monday, May 9, 2011

Coconut Flan


I made this dessert for our Cinco de Mayo dinner. I've made it before without the coconut milk but with evaporated milk instead. I loved it even more with the coconut milk. For this post, I made one personal flan for photos, and one in a larger 7" dish and that one took like 1 hr 25 min to bake. Go ahead and try this dish for any time, it's very easy and delicious!

Coconut Flan
adapted from allrecipes

1 cup white sugar
4 eggs
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (14 fluid ounce) coconut milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350'.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt sugar until liquefied and golden in color. Carefully pour hot syrup into a 9 inch round glass baking dish, turning the dish to evenly coat the bottom and sides. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Beat in condensed milk, coconut milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour egg mixture into baking dish. Cover with sprayed aluminum foil. Place flan dish in a large roasting pan and fill with water half way up flan dish (water bath).
Bake in preheated oven 60 minutes. Let cool completely.
To serve, carefully invert on serving plate with edges when completely cool.

family style




~Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

3 Comments:

Leslie said...

I love love love flan. Your looks like it has the perfect consistency!

Deborah said...

I made coconut flan awhile ago and fell in love. Yours looks so perfect!!

Lexy said...

This looks fabulous. I remember years ago a department store dining room served these at lunch time. I must try. Please share what you used to make the individual serving. Could you put them in individual serving dishes. Can't wait to try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...