Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Best Ever Meatballs


Add these to your menu. Yep, I had to say that first before anything else. A friend and I were talking about spaghetti and meatballs on Facebook the other day, and she said her daughter loves this dish and gave me the link to the meatball recipe. It's Giada's of course. So tossing all my other meatball recipes aside, I gave this a try. So glad I did, because these are by far the best meatballs I have ever made. I made these into mini meatballs, using my small scooper, then cutting each meatball in half and rolling it. They were the perfect little size with a bite with pasta. Make up extras to freeze for tossing into sauce on a busy night.


Spaghetti and Meatballs
adapted from Giada

1 small onion, grated
2 Tbl dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 large egg
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup Panko
9 ounces ground beef
9 ounces ground pork

Whisk the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese and Panko. Mix in the beef and pork. Gently combine all. Using about 2 tablespoons of meat for each, shape the meat mixture into meatballs. Place on a baking sheet and bake 350' for 20 minutes. Add to sauce before serving, about 10 minutes before, to heat through.


I served these with my Mom's Spaghetti Sauce recipe (just skip the meat part and make it marinara) and pasta. Delish.



~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

10 Comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good! We love meatballs around here so I will try these!

Danielle S said...

I'll try them, but I'll add sherry like I usually do.

Tina said...

I want to make these and freeze some. Do I freeze them before or after cooking them?

Rachelle S said...

Hi Tina, I freeze mine raw, then toss into the sauce as it heats up. You can also cook them ahead of time, freeze and heat up.

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you could possibly add the amount of servings based on the amount of ingredients. For future reference. Thanks.

Rachelle S said...

Hi Gabriela, it really depends on how big you make these meatballs. Mine are small, about 1 1/2"? and it gave me probably 30 something, a big sheet pan worth.

kodiak bear said...

I made these tonight for the family and they were a huge hit. Delicious, thank you for the recipe!

Unknown said...

I wasn't able to get regular ground pork. Can I use Italian sausage?

Unknown said...

These meatballs are fantastic....I have made them several times...!

Unknown said...

I tried these meatballs last night and they were wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...