Sunday, June 26, 2011

Slow Cooked Glazed Ribs


We cooked up some pork ribs for Father's Day weekend, and I was going to use my fave BBQ sauce on them, but I didn't have much left, so I went with another fave glaze. This recipe is on my old link but now it's here too and I added a little apricot preserves to it. I used to just throw ribs on the grill, and it always ruined them. Now I slow cook them in the oven for a few hours, then carefully finish them on the grill with a little sauce. Now, let me just say, that these were fall off the bone tender, I almost couldn't grill them. Also the next time I make these, I will cook them for a shorter amount of time (maybe 2 hrs), because to me the meat comes out roast-like, not like ribs you'd get at a Restaurant.


Rib Glaze
Healthy Meals in Minutes

1/2 yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 C)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar (12 oz) Heinz Chili sauce
1/2 Cup water
2/3 Cup light brown sugar
1 TBL Worcestershire sauce
3/4 ground cumin
*I also added 1/4 Cup apricot preserves to this batch of sauce ( in photos), Optional

In a medium sauce pan heat about 2 TBL oil, add onion and garlic, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Then simmer for 15 minutes or longer. Brush ribs during last 15 minutes of grilling.



Slow Cooked Oven Ribs
by Steamy Kitchen

Rack of ribs (these are pork)
salt and pepper

Remove the membrane along the back of the ribs. Salt and pepper both sides of ribs, place in a roasting pan covered well with foil. Slow cook in a 275' oven for about 4 hours. Remove, and carefully grill, basting with sauce for 10 minutes. Cut and serve.



~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~


enjoy,
Pin It!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...