Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fruit Filled Crepes


I had my first ever crepes last weekend at our Belmont Park here, and I thought how easy they were I should make my own, finally. I chose this recipe, I liked the addition of vanilla. I did have to add a little more milk (as shown) so the batter would be nice and thin to spread. We filled ours with fresh sliced strawberries and Nutella. Yum!


Vanilla Crepes
slightly adapted from allrecipes

1 3/4 cups milk
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons melted butter

In a large bowl, mix together the milk, egg yolks and vanilla. Sift in the flour, sugar, salt and melted butter, whisk until well blended.
Heat a 10" shallow skillet pan over low heat until hot. Coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and working quickly, tip to spread the batter around to the edges. When bubbles form on the top and the edges are dry, flip over (I used a heat proof scrapping spatula) and cook until lightly browned on the other side and edges are golden, about 2 minutes total. Repeat with remaining batter. Stack cooked crepes between small sheets of parchment paper or wax paper as you cook the rest.
Fill crepes with your favorite fruit and nutella, serve.

*You can keep these in a large baggie in the fridge for a few days, or wrap well and freeze for a couple months (thaw before using).




I am sharing these with Everyday Sisters.


~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

2 Comments:

Ellen Zames said...

My mouth is watering looking at these crepes!!


This is a perfect recipe for this week's Sharing Sundays because our theme is RED!!! We would love if you would drop by and link up this recipe and any other recipes that have RED ingredients such as, Strawberries, Marinara Sauce, Red Peppers, Tomatoes etc.

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

Ellen

clara said...

I loved this recipe! I have a son with an allergy to egg whites so this was PERFECT. I surprised the kids this morning with crepes, blueberries, whipped cream, and nutella. It was a HUGE hit. "YOU GOTTA MAKE THESE AGAIN!". Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...