Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Crunch Bark


Simple goodness. I have to share this recipe again, I gave it as part of a Teacher gift this year and I love it and wanted to share with you again! This time I added M&Ms to it.


Christmas Crunch Bark
slightly adapted from my original post

1 package (24 ounces) vanilla -flavored almond bark, coarsely chopped (in the baking aisle of the supermarket)
¾ cup whole or slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
¾ cup sweetened dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
2 cups crisp rice cereal
1 Cup Christmas M&Ms
10 oz dark/semi sweet chocolate, melted for drizzling

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place into the freezer at least 1 hour.
Place almond bark into a double boiler bowl, heat and stir until melted, being sure NO water gets into the chocolate bark.
Heat a small frying pan and toast nuts at a medium low temperature until golden brown. Keep an eye on the nuts so they don’t burn. Just takes a few minutes, be sure to stir them.
Remove from heat and add cranberries to the pan. Stir until combined.
Stir cereal and half of the nut mixture into melted bark.
Pour bark mixture onto cold tray, spreading evenly. Immediately sprinkle with remaining nut mixture and M&Ms, press lightly onto surface of bark.
Drizzle with melted dark chocolate, let stand 7-10 minutes or until bark is set. You could also place in the fridge for a bit to set quicker.
Bring edges of parchment up over bark and break into various size pieces.

Yield: about 1 cookie tray full
Tips:
•You can use two packages (12 ounces each) premium white or chocolate-flavored confectionery coating candy wafers instead of the almond bark.
•When melting almond bark, make sure your bowl and utensils are completely dry. Even one drop of water will cause almond bark to harden and clump.
-Instead of a dark chocolate drizzle, you could also melt white chocolate and color it red or green with food coloring, festive for Christmas!




~Follow my new recipe addie so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I make traditional bark but this really spruces it up a bit. I bet the kids would love this.

Jeannette said...

sometimes it's the simple things that make the biggest impact :)

sounds great!

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

I found your yummy recipe on Pinterest, and included it in a guest post on Happy Hour Projects. It is a Christmas in July baking roundup. Your recipe is not posted, the link directs readers here. You can visit the post at http://www.happyhourprojects.com/2012/07/christmas-in-july-baking.html

Thanks for sharing! :0)

Unknown said...

My husband posted this on my facebook and I made it for him, he absolutely loved it! I did make the chocolate part a little bit too thick so it was hard to cut. I'm planning to make it again for our office Christmas bake off so I'll make it a little thinner this time (it will also last longer!)

Unknown said...

I was wondering if anyone has tried it with peanuts instead of almonds? Many of my picky family will only eat peanuts. I love this and want to include it on my goodie table on Christmas Eve.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...