Sunday, April 22, 2012

Glazed Cinnamon Roll Pancakes


My oldest saw these pancakes a while ago and really really wanted them. I finally caved and surprised my family with them this weekend. Weekends used to be our pancake days, we're all home to sit and eat (sadly I get glutened even making pancake batter, so we haven't been having pancake weekends). I cooked up some sausage link and these yummies for them. I cheated today and used a box of buttermilk pancake mix, and my batter came out thick. I honestly wasn't going to blog about them, I  just wanted to get them made and feed them....but when I flipped these out onto the plates, I was WOWed. I had too. Then when they started eating them, I knew I had to. They raved about them, even Mr. They said they may never want plain pancakes again. =)

Glazed Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
slightly adapted from Recipe Girl

Cinnamon Filling this gave me filling for 6 big pancakes:
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, just melted
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Cream Cheese Glaze :
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
2-ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon  ground cinnamon

Prepared pancake batter (our fave recipe)

Prepare the cinnamon filling:
In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a quart-sized heavy zip baggie and set it aside. You want it to be a thick consistency.

Prepare the glaze:
In a small pan, heat the butter over low heat until melted. Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream cheese until it is almost smooth. Sift the powdered sugar into the pan, stir and add in vanilla extract and cinnamon. Set the pan aside while you make the pancakes. (I kept it a little warm sitting on the stove)

Place about 1/3 Cup of pancake batter to a medium-low heated greased pan. Snip the corner of your baggie of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner. When your pancake begins to form bubbles, add the filling in a swirl.

Cook the pancake 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bubbles begin popping on top of the pancake and it's golden brown on the bottom. Flip the pancake. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the other side is golden as well. When you flip the pancake onto a plate, you will see that the cinnamon filling has created a crater-swirl of cinnamon. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, and repeat with the remaining pancake batter and cinnamon filling. Serve pancakes topped with a drizzle of warm glaze.




Sharing these with Cooking Thursday.
Did you like this post? If so, please comment, share it or PIN it! =)

enjoy,
Pin It!

1 Comments:

Stephanie said...

I do like this post. I can't wait to try them. Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...