This is one of my favorite soups. I've had it for many years but only started making it 3 1/2 years ago, it's from a Betty Crocker booklet. It's super super simple and fast to make. I'm not a big fan of Italian sausage, but I love it in this soup, and the kids love the cheese tortellini! I made these breadsticks again, love them!I'm sharing it again with you so it can be part of my new recipe URL. =)
Tortellini & Sausage Soupadapted from Betty Crocker
1 pound Sweet Italian link sausages (casings removed)
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
3-5 Cups water (may need to add up to 5 C if you use more Tortellini)
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 Cup chopped carrots
1 medium zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup
8 oz frozen cheese tortellini
Grated Parmesan cheese
Cook & stir sausage & onion in 4 qt dutch oven until sausage is light brown; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables and tortellini are tender. Serve with cheese.
Quick and Easy Breadsticks
from Jamie Cooks it up!
1 1/2 C warm water
2 T sugar
1 T yeast
1/2 t salt
3 1/4-3 1/2 C flour
1/4 C butter
3/4 C grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
Johnny's Garlic Seasoning (I used McCormick Italian Herb Seasoning Grinder + garlic, onion powder + parsley)
1. Mix the water, sugar and yeast in the bottom of your mixer until the yeast is dissolved. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the salt and the flour, one cup at a time, until it is well incorporated. Mix on high for 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
3. Melt the butter and pour half of it into a jelly roll pan (large cookie sheet).
4. Place the dough in the center of the pan. Let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes. Letting the dough rest makes it MUCH easier to shape.
5. Spread the dough out flat onto the pan until it reaches all of the edges. Doing all of the spreading and cutting of these bread sticks, in the pan makes cleaning up your counter so much easier!
6. Pour the other half of the butter onto the dough. Spread it around with your hands. Sprinkle the Johnnys Garlic Seasoning all over the dough, and then the Parmesan cheese (maybe next time I'll add the Parm in the last few minutes, so it doesn't turn so dark and crunchy).
7. With a pizza cutter cut the dough into three rows lengthwise, and then into about 12 little height wise rows. Did that even make sense? I hope so, wish I had a picture!
8. Put the pan into a 170 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes. The breadsticks should rise about 1 inch. (mine took 20 mins)
9. Turn your oven up to 350 and bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
*please note all of my product reviews and giveaways are posted here now http://ldylvbgr.blogspot.com/
Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!