Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pork Pot Stickers with Dipping Sauces


Here's another great recipe from online friends, Kai and Jaden, as well as the Food Channel. I made Kai's Pork Pot Stickers with Jaden's Chinese Dipping Sauce and Chuck's Spicy Orange Sauce. I also made Jaden's Quick Noodle Stir Fry from her cookbook (another version is on her site).
Whatever you call them, gyōza, Chinese dumplings or pot stickers, they're delish. I prefer mine steamed (see how I did mine below), others may like them pan fried so they turn crunchy on the outside. I can't remember how many pot stickers I made but it used the whole pack of wrappers.


Kai's Pork Pot Stickers
slightly adapted from his YouTube

1 lb ground pork
1 TBL crushed garlic
1 TBL sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 TBL hoisin sauce
1/4 C. chopped bok choy
3 TBL diced green onions
1/4 C. shredded carrots
1 egg

Combine all until mixed well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Dumpling wrappers
1 egg yolk

Add 1 tsp. of pork filling to each dumpling wrapper. Using your finger, add some egg yolk around the edge of the dumpling and fold in half, pleat if you like (Kai shows you how in his video) and seal. I cooked some and froze some for later.

Using a bamboo steamer (wish I had gotten a tiered one), line steamer with liner (see below), place covered steamer over a large stock pot with about 1/2 way full of water, bring to simmer. Add pot stickers in steamer, cover and steam for 10 minutes. Any longer and the pork will over cook. Serve with dipping sauces.

my first time making pot stickers



Spicy Orange Sauce

1/4 cup mirin
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of 2 oranges
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon honey
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cornstarch diluted in a little water

In a small saucepan, whisk all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Let simmer until it thickens, about 1 minute. Set aside.


Steamy Kitchen's Chinese Dipping Sauce on page 29, has ingredients of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic, chilli garlic sauce and cilantro. I loved it.

I use all my counter space when I'm in the kitchen lol


~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

4 Comments:

Danielle S said...

Wow! This looks good. When I get done eating the big bag I just bought at Costco, I'll make some.

beti said...

all the food looks delicious!

Julie said...

I love pot stickers but never thought of making them myself. They look like they turned out perfectly :)

Unknown said...

i am wild for potstickers...i could eat them every day for every meal! your version looks incredible. thank you for sharing on tuesday night supper club...sorry it took me so long to get here..been traveling. i'm also tweeting and putting on facebook page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...