Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Zuppa Toscana


Let's warm up a bit...it's cold and wintry weather out there! This may help. It tastes very very close to Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana. For my Birthday we went to the Olive Garden and I had to try this soup, since it was talk on Facebook the night before, plus I had already looked this recipe up and I wanted to see what it was about. Deliciousness, that's what! However, I think I'm the only one who liked it the most, I'm telling you, it's the "green stuff" that turned my family away. lol

Zuppa Toscana Knock Off

1 lb. Italian Sausage
2 large Yukon Gold Potatoes sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
1 large Onion, chopped
6 bacon strips
2 cloves garlic minced
2 C. Kale chopped
2 cans Chicken Broth
1 qt. Water
1 C. half and half

Cook sausage and bacon, brown, crumble and drain. Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot, and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done. Add sausage, bacon, salt, and pepper to taste, and simmer for another 10 minutes. Turn to low heat, add kale and half and half. Heat through and serve.



Sharing a bowl at
Tuesday Night Supper Club

~Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

3 Comments:

NikiTheo said...

Oooo... my bf LOVES the zuppa toscana from Olive Garden!
I cannot wait ot make this for him!! He will be putty in my hands!!!

Unknown said...

I keep hearing people talk about this soup so now I am going to have to try it!

Unknown said...

this looks amazing...i love that it has sausage and potatoes...two of my favorite ingredients! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...