Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip


I saw MyRecipes.com post this on their Facebook, and they twisted my arm to get me to try it. I made this for Christmas day snacking, thinking no one else would even try it because of the green stuff in it, was I wrong. Low and behold, our Oldest loved this dip (of course I didn't tell anyone the official name of it)! It smells so good baking and since it's a Cooking Light recipe, snack away, right?

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
from MyRecipes.com/Cooking Light 2000

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
Sliced baguettes, crackers
 
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, sour cream, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and next 6 ingredients (2 tablespoons Parmesan through spinach) in a large bowl, and stir until well-blended. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with bread slices and crackers.


Sharing this with
Photobucket


~Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!~
 
enjoy,
Pin It!

2 Comments:

(Single)Mommy said...

ooh this looks delish I think I'm going to make this for New Years Eve! Thanks for posting!

Tania from http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/

P.S.- Also stop by to link up to my Mommy Monday bloghop & make some new friends.

Unknown said...

I think I will make this for New Year's Eve as well! Looks delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...