Friday, December 31, 2010

Flavorful Fridays 1! Share yours, Link Up!

  

Welcome to the first day of my blog meme, called Flavorful Fridays! I've always enjoyed participating in other food blog memes for the days of the week (see my side bar <---- ), so I thought why not create my own!

If you'd like to participate, go ahead and link up a flavorful recipe from your blog (please link directly to your recipe post) and be sure to add this button to your post and also your side bar so other's will find their way here. I look forward to seeing all the different recipes!

fla·vor·ful (-fəl)
adjective
full of flavor; having a pleasant flavor

add my button:
Mommy? Im Hungry!



This Flavorful Friday I will share with you a recipe I found in the new BHG Jan '11 issue. They call it New Year's Dumpling Soup, I call it Potsticker Soup with a side of Baby Bok Choy. I love potstickers and bok choy and so does one of the three of our kids. I made this for lunch for us so guess who got their leftovers! =)


Potsticker Soup with a side of Baby Bok Choy
adapted from BHG Jan. '11

1 -32 oz box of veggie broth
1 cup water
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 -10oz pkg frozen potstickers (I used veggie filled) + seasoning packet
1 cup shredded carrots, divided
1 small bunch green onions, sliced, divided

In a large pot combine the broth, water, ginger and seasoning packet from one package of potstickers (if none is provided use 2 tsp soy sauce + 1 tsp sesame oil). Bring to a boil. Add potstickers, most of the carrots and most of the green onions. Simmer and reduce heat, cover and let cook 8-10 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with remaining carrots and green onions. Serves 4.

Baby Bok Choy
from Steamy Kitchen

1 1/2 pounds bok choy or baby bok choy
1 1/2 tablespoons canola, vegetable or peanut oil
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons broth or water (or 2 tablespoons broth/water + 1 tablespoon wine)
salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil

For the cooking directions, click here!




~Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!~

Pin It!

3 Comments:

Five Seconds From Crazy said...

Oooh, I love potstickers! We had some for dinner last night and I was literally praying that my husband hadn't eaten the leftovers during the night so that I could have them for breakfast.
He ate them. I was not impressed.

I linked up over at my place:

http://secondsfromcrazy.blogspot.com/2010/12/im-linking-up-with-rachelle-over-at.html

Have a great New Year's Eve!

Rachelle S said...

Thank you Leslie! How ironic you had potstickers too! Love them! Have a Happy New Year!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I love your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...