Monday, April 15, 2013

Homemade Fruit and Veggie Wash


I can remember buying a bag of apples once and no one was eating them. They tasted horrible! So I found this homemade fruit and veggie wash, and like magic, the apples tasted much better! The fruits and veggies tasted brighter, better and you could even smell the apples scent as they sit on the counter waiting to be eaten. Now each and every time I come home from the store, I grab this large bowl (it's actually my cake box cover lid) and fill it up and soak everything. I'll toss my tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, grapes, apples, oranges, berries really anything in there. That waxy build up will come off and all the dirt and grime gets left behind.

Homemade Fruit and Veggie Wash

Large bowl or clean sink
1 cup of white vinegar
warm/cool water
fresh fruits & veggies

Fill a large container (or your clean sink) with warm/cool water. Add 1 cup of white vinegar. Toss in your fruits and vegetables and allow to soak for about 10-15 minutes. Rinse well and dry off the produce.

yuck! That's stuff you'd be eating straight from the store.


See the dirty water (well strawberry fuzzies and some dirt)


Please share this post if you liked it. =)

enjoy,
Pin It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. I buy that expensive stuff in the stores! This is much more economical!

Sara said...

I've been wanting to try this. Glad it works so well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...