Saturday, March 23, 2013

Overnight Slow Cooker Oatmeal


Breakfast slowly cooking away while you sleep, ready to eat when you wake! My family is off and on with oatmeal, so I thought this might be another way for them to like it. I've made another recipe like this before, but it burnt. I decided to try another recipe (I actually combine several here) and cook it for less hours, keeping it at warm until we woke. I put mine in at 10 pm (of you have a timer on your slow cooker that would be great, no need to stay up later to get this going) and it kept warm for a few hours before we woke and guess what? It wasn't burnt this time! The kids did eat some of it, but I guess today was their off day to liking oatmeal. Had it been gluten free oats, I'd of eaten it all up.

Overnight Slow Cooker Oatmeal

2 Cups regular oats (gluten free if you need GF)
4 Cups water
1/2 Cup milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 TBL. butter, cut up
1/4 C. brown sugar

1 peeled, diced apple


Add all to slow cooker, give a gently stir to combine, cover and cook on low 5 hrs, keep on warm until ready to eat, serve as desired.


Please share this post if you liked it. =)
enjoy,
Pin It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

This oatmeal must be full of flavor. It looks just divine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...