Saturday, May 26, 2012

Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


When I saw these cookies and the reviews they got, I had to make them for the family and friends who came for dinner. I was a good girl and opted not to try them gluten free just so I could not have any (I have a goal to beat with my weight loss ya know). Mine came out a little too thin, so I think a little chill in the fridge would be good for these before scooping them. From what I saw and heard they all enjoyed these very much. I do know they smelled really good. Can't wait to make them again.

Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from The Idea Room

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 to 1 tablespoon milk*
1 cup semi-chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Add milk* (from 1/2 Tablespoon to 1 Tablespoon just enough to make the dough moist and creamy. Add chocolate chips and mix till just incorporated. If necessary, cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Using a small scooper (or a heaping tablespoom amount), scoop out onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Let cool a few minutes (they are soft) then transfer to a wire rack and let cool.






Did you like this post? If so, please comment, share it and PIN it! =)

enjoy,

Pin It!

5 Comments:

MYSAVIOR said...

I am definitely going to try these. They sounds delicious.
♥♥♥
Sue

Donna said...

Made these today -- ate some and shared some! They were totally yummy. Took your advice and left in the fridge a bit longer to get more firm. Yummy! Thank you! Love your blog.

Donna said...

Loved these!! Made them today - ate some and shared some. Took your advice and left them in fridge a bit longer. Yummy. Thank you for all you do!!

Leslie said...

I love love love a good soft cookie!

Naperville Chiropractor said...

Nothing says grandma like homemade cookies... I don't think I bake enough... I love to do it, I wish I did it more though!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...