Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Crock-pot Chicken Tacos {Gluten Free}


I don't have many crock-pot recipes posted here, because honestly I haven't found many that we like enough to keep making. This will be one to keep. I normally do not like dark meat, but this was great, in fact I really liked it. This makes plenty, we had tacos (used corn taco shells to make this gluten free) one night, then cheese and chicken quesadillas another night (flour tortillas for them, and for gluten free you could try brown rice tortillas?), then the rest I'll use for chicken tortilla soup some other night.


Crock-pot Chicken Tacos {Gluten Free}
adapted from Disney Family.com

2 small cans green chiles, diced
1 jar salsa, (about 12 ounces; mild or spicy to taste)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 whole onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
salt and pepper, to taste

Place chicken in the bowl of a slow cooker, season with a little salt and pepper. Top with salsa, diced green chiles, cumin, onion and garlic. Cover and set on low. Cook for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken from pot, shred, then add some of the juices with chilies. Spoon chicken into corn taco shells or flour tortillas with whatever toppings your family likes. Or use the meat to make burritos, tostadas or as a filling for enchiladas.

Heat tortillas with shredded cheese, add drained chicken taco mixture and create a quesadilla.



~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds really good (and simple); I'm always looking for new crock pot recipes. I generally only use mine for chili, pot roast and ribs!

Anonymous said...

Flour tortillas are not gluten free are they?

Rachelle S said...

-Anonymous, sadly they are not GF. They do make brown rice tortillas, but they aren't really soft and as pliable as regular flour tortillas. The ones I pictures above cookig on the griddle were for everyone else but me.

I'm sure someone on the internet has a gluten free "flour" tortilla recipe, I just haven't found it to try it.

Chic Crafty Chick said...

I just reviewed your recipe on my blog today and gave ya some link backs. Thanks for sharing this aweseome recipe on Pinterest. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...