Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Garlic Balsamic Pork Roast with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans


Balsamic vinegar. Do you like it? Have you used it in your recipes? I have a big 17 oz bottle of it and am trying to use it up, and well like it. I find the flavor very strong. So when I came across a post from a blog I frequent for this pork roast I thought I'd give it a try. It only has 2 tablespoons of balsamic in it so I knew it wouldn't be too strong. I put this together the night before (my youngest daughter watched me, and said it smelled good) and let it marinate. I roasted it up and stole a tiny piece, and man o man was it good. The recipe did call for 2 1/2 tsp of salt, which I did, but I found it to be a little salty so I wrote a less amount below. I loved this marinade, and will be keeping this recipe to use again and again. Mmm. I'm also thinking this would be great on grilled chicken.

Garlic Balsamic Pork Roast
adapted from Kitchen Confidante

4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced or crushed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pork roast

Stir together garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil and place in a large ziploc baggie. Add the pork roast and allow to marinate over night.

Roast in a 400' convection oven (or 425' regular) for about 1 hour, until the internal temp reaches 155'. Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then slice.

For the mashed sweet potatoes, I cut up a few large yams (the orange ones), boiled in water for 15 minutes until tender. Added to my stand mixer bowl with some butter, salt a little nutmeg and some milk then whipped them up.

For the green beans, I used fresh green beans that I had froze, sauteed in a little oil and butter, salt, pepper and garlic until tender.

3/5/12 I tried this out on some thick cut pork loin chops then grilled them, OH MY! So good!
(with pureed apple & pear sauce, mashed yams (w/marshmallows for them) & sauteed squash & brussles sprouts)

~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~
enjoy,

Pin It!

2 Comments:

Alyson & Jeff Elder said...

hi there! i am excited about this recipe but i wondered how much pork roast you used (how many pounds)? thanks! :) alysonelder@hotmail.com

BethElderton said...

I LOVE balsamic vinegar! I eat it almost daily on my salads but have never cooked with it. I will definitely try this (as soon as my kitchen remodel lets me cook again *sigh*)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...