Friday, April 1, 2011

Spaghetti Casserole



Another recipe I heard of through Facebook fan pages, was this spaghetti casserole. Hers looked delish and even though the ingredients weren't really getting me, I went ahead and gave it a try. She said her family loved it so much and those kinds of reviews of recipes are ones I go for. This dish was so simple to put together. I had baked mine a little early before dinner time (I was hosting my Cholula Twitter Party), so mine had time to set up more thank what hers looks like. This was REALLY GOOD! All the ingredients worked great together, and I loved how the sour cream flavor came through. Mr. liked it and had seconds or maybe thirds, but the little ones didn't care much since there was "sauce" on it. I'll make it again!

Spaghetti Casserole
slightly adapted from Full Bellies, Happy Kids

1 pkg (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce (I used a roasted garlic marinara)
2 cans (8 ounces each) low sodium tomato sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
16 ounces light sour cream
3 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese

-Cook pasta for a slightly shorter time than directed on pkg (I did mine for 3-4 minutes), until just done.
-Meanwhile, in a large skillet brown beef ( I seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, onion and basil) and drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce.
-Remove from heat. Stir together cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.
-In two 8x11 freezer pans (I made one in a 9x13 and a small 6x9 freezer container), layer half the meat sauce, pasta, sour cream mix and cheese. Repeat layers.
-Bake 350' for 35 minutes, covered.

Freezer Cooking:
Cover tightly with foil and freeze up to 3 months.
To use frozen casserole: Thaw in refrigerator. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.



~Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

5 Comments:

Sarafan2 said...

Sounds scrumptious!!! Thanks!!

Big Dude said...

The ingredients are a bit unusual, but I'll have to give it a try

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing. I make spaghetti pie often with left over sauce and pasta.

Unknown said...

Sounds good! I will have to give it a try!

ronsgirl728 said...

Just made this for dinner and it was FABULOUS!!!!! My picky eater asked for a second helping! Only had two cups of the Colby jack, so added a cup if mozzarella. On the top layer sprinkled some grated romano and when it was done stuck under the broiler to make the cheese all gooey and bubbly and brown! Will definitely make again! Thanks !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...