Friday, September 17, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup makes it all feel better!


I've made this recipe a few time before and blogged it here, but my kids think that chicken noodle soup is for the sickies so that's when I make it, otherwise I'd make it any day of the week. I did make some the other day, when Little Boy came down with a fever and I caught a 24 hr cold. I like this recipe, it's quick, easy and good and feeling sick, it sure was just what I needed (ok and lots of OJ too)! You can probably be eating this in less than 40 minutes.

Chicken Noodle Soup
adapted from allrecipes

1 tablespoon butter

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery (start with the center parts & leaves, they have the flavor)
2 (14.5 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
3 (14.5 ounce) cans vegetable broth
1/2 pound raw chicken breast, cut in pieces
1 1/2 cups egg noodles
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
In a large stock pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, vegetable broth, bring to boil. Add in chicken, cook for 10 minutes. Add noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 more minutes before serving.


*please note all product reviews and giveaways are posted here now http://ldylvbgr.blogspot.com/
Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!

enjoy,
Pin It!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum....I'm looking forward to soups, stews and chilis! Just made chili for dinner last night cuz it's getting so cold already. Hope you have a great weekend.

Erin said...

I made this soup tonight for my ailing family. I found the recipe on Pinterest! They LOVED IT!!! Thanks!

bethellen said...

I made this tonight, and it was delicious! I had to alter it a bit for my son, who is allergic to dairy (I subbed olive oil for butter), along with eggs and wheat (I subbed GF noodles for the egg noodles). It still turned out wonderfully. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...