Friday, January 14, 2011

Link Up! Puff Pastry Chocolatines: Flavorful Fridays 3!


I have been craving a chocolate filled croissant from the bakery ever since I first had one (and it wasn't that long ago)...Mmm they're delicious! So since I had a sheet of puff pastry leftover, I added some chocolate chips and voila! These little tasty treats did me just fine. You know, these little sweets would make a fabulous Valentine's Day treat!

Puff Pastry Chocolatines
slightly adapted from Pepperidge Farm

1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
1 egg, beaten
12 TBL semi sweet mini chocolate chips
Confectioners' sugar
Heat the oven to 375°F.

Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 12 (3 x 2 1/2-inch) rectangles. With a short side facing you, brush the top third of each rectangle with the egg. Place about 1 tablespoon chocolate in the center of each rectangle. Starting at the short end closest to you, roll up like a jelly roll. Place the filled pastries onto a baking sheet. Brush with the egg.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the pastries with the confectioners' sugar.


Mommy? Im Hungry!



If you'd like to share a Flavorful dish, and I hope that you do, please use my button on your post and link up below (please link directly to the recipe). I look forward to seeing your recipes and perhaps finding something new to make for my family! = )


~Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum! Reminds me of my SIL's fried chocolate pies!

kjasus said...

yum! do you have panera bread near you? they make a good chocolate croissant, but i'm sure it involves defrosting a pan of them in the morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...