Friday, June 24, 2011

Twice Baked Potatoes


As part of our Anniversary dinner, I made grilled steak with twice baked potatoes. We don't have them very often so I thought it was perfect for our celebration. They're super easy to make, you don't really need a recipe.


Twice Baked Potatoes

1 large russet potato per person (I used 5)
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 C sour cream
3/4 C or more of warmed milk
salt and pepper
2-3 TBL chopped chives
1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese, set aside 1/2 C

Bake potatoes for about 1 hour at 350', until a sharp knife goes through. Let cool a little until warm enough to handle. Cut a 1/4 off the top of each potato, lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato insides leaving a rim on the skin. Take the insides of the potatoes and add to a bowl or stand mixer. Add in the butter, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper chives and cheese and mix until creamy. If you like them more creamy, you may add more milk. Scoop some of this filling back into each potato skin boat and sprinkle with additional cheese. Bake again for about 20 minutes until cheese on top is golden. Serve.




~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

2 Comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh my goodness it looks so good! I'll have to try this out! Thanks.

Danielle S said...

I've tried making twice baked potatoes before and all I did was kill the potato. How do you do it without breaking apart the potato?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...