Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pesto and Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops



Here's a great recipe I sort of came up with after searching around the net for something similar. This recipe would be great with any cut of meat really, chicken, beef, veal...it's Italian flavors full of pesto and cheese. I served it along side creamy mashed potatoes and a veggie. My chops were really thin, but I recommend using thick cut for better pockets. We loved this and will be adding it to our regular menu.


Pesto and Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops

2 low fat string cheese sticks, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
2 tablespoons basil pesto
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 pork loin chops or boneless pork loin chops, cut 1-1/4 inches thick
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
2 Tbl olive oil
8oz. can low sodium tomato sauce
Chopped fresh basil for garnish

Make a pocket in each chop by cutting horizontally from the fat side almost to the bone or the opposite side. Lay a piece of cut string cheese and scoop a little pesto and garlic inside each pork chop. If necessary, secure the opening with a wooden toothpick.
Season pork chops with salt, pepper, oregano and thyme.
In a large medium-hot skillet heat oil, cook pork chops 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Add tomato sauce and let simmer for about 8-10 more minuites or until pork chops are cooked through. Garnish with fresh basil, serve.






Please share this post if you liked it. =)
enjoy,

Pin It!

7 Comments:

Mandi said...

This sounds really good! I love using pesto with meat. We'll have to give this a try!

-mandi

http://mommys-love.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! This looks delicious! :P

Leslie said...

Deeee-lish! I love the use of cheese sticks!

Cindy DG said...

Love pesto! My name is Cindy and I blog over at Vegetarianmamma.com I wanted to invite you to link up your recipe at our Gluten Free Fridays Recipe Link up party! It happens every Friday and we'd love to have you join us with some of your awesome recipes! You can find this week's link up here: http://vegetarianmamma.com/gluten-free-fridays-recipe-party-2/
Also be sure to link up your blog on our Gluten Free Bloggers directory. You can reach the directory by clicking the "glutenfree bloggers" tab on our blog! Thanks, Cindy :)

Heather said...

This recipe was amazing! My family all loved it. I loved that it was healthy and low in calories. I had never thought of using cheese sticks in recipes. This is the second recipe I have tried from your site and both my family raved about. I am now a loyal reader and added your site to my short list of blogs I follow. Thanks for the great recipes!

Unknown said...

Amazing thank you soo much! Was a hit with me and my picky eater.

Unknown said...

This is just the thing i'm looking for. It's been a while since i saw a stuffed pork recipe this interesting. Gotta give this a try real soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...