Sunday, November 21, 2010

Trick or Treat Candy Cookies

If you happen to still have leftover chocolate Halloween candy, this would be a great recipe to use them in! I specifically picked out an assortment of chocolates from the kid's bags, and hid it! I wasn't sure what to name these, my son called them Halloween cookies, I call them Trick or Treat Candy Cookies. Basically it's a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but with all the chopped up candy instead of the chocolate chips, and minus a little sugar too. They turned really good (but not so photogenic) and the candy seemed to disappear in them, but Mr. especially loved them. I scooped these with my large ice cream scooper (about 1/4 C), so they are big fat cookies!

Trick or Treat Candy Cookies
adapted from Picky Palate

2 sticks softened butter
1/2 C + 2 TBL sugar
3/4 C + 2 TBL packed light brown sugar
2 extra large eggs
2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
3 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 Cups assortment of chocolate Halloween candy, cut up
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the butter and sugars until well beaten. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the Halloween candy.
2. Scoop 1/4 Cup of dough (I used my big ice cream scoop) onto lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until edges just start to turn golden brown. Let cool for for a few minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
that's a yellow M&M and probably a Milky Way there

*please note all product reviews and giveaways are posted here now
Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!

Pin It!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...