Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie: All-American, All-Delicious Apple Pie


Please check out this week's TWD pick from the blog of Emily called Sandmuffin for this recipe to All-American, All-Delicious Apple Pie. It's REALLY good, you'll want to bake one! I made this while my Parents are here visiting with us and they loved it too! Did you know this is my first ever apple pie I've made? Do you want to know that this will be my go-to apple pie for now on!


It was great, the flavors were perfect in this. I loved the thick sauce it made (see it oozing out the side in the photo?). I used Granny Smith green apples and Golden Delicious in my pie. Dorie even suggested using pears and apples which sound really good too. The crust came out perfect and flaky (I'm telling ya, check out Dorie's crust recipes! They are really good!). I brushed the top of the crust with some heavy cream and it came out such a pretty golden color (I usually use an egg wash when baking like that, but I think cream is the way to go now!). I served this with a vanilla yogurt blend and it was just delicious, not a single complaint from all seven of us!

Go check out the link to Emily's blog for this recipe. It is DELISH! By the way, this was Dorie Greenspan's Birthday weekend, so Happy Birthday to her! =)

*please note all product reviews and giveaways are posted here now http://ldylvbgr.blogspot.com/
Follow my new recipe url so you can get all the latest goodies!

enjoy,
Pin It!

5 Comments:

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

It looks beautiful Rachelle! I think apple is probably my favorite pie. Try brushing the top sometime with some of the juices left behind in the bowl from when you toss the apples - so good!

Mary said...

I can't believe that was your very first apple pie...it looks wonderful...good job! gotta love the dorie recipes.

Flourchild said...

Woah girl for being your first ever apple pie you have made it looks excellent! Great pie! Im glad you enjoyed it. Your crust is perfectly crimped!

Michelle said...

I'm so jealous of how pretty your crust turned out!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Tell me, who doesn't love a dori recipe? fabulous!

:)
ButterYum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...